Over the past 20 years Dr. Stephen Scionti has developed the largest and most experienced practice for prostate cancer treatment using minimally invasive thermal ablation technologies such as HIFU, TULSA-Pro, Cryoablation and Prostate Laser Ablation. He has achieved global recognition for his experience, skill and groundbreaking clinical contributions in the field of image-guided prostate cancer ablation. He is also an internationally recognized authority in innovative prostate cancer diagnostics. Beyond his practice, Dr. Scionti actively researches and lectures on the outcomes and technology associated with minimally invasive prostate HIFU therapy ablation.
Dr. Scionti formerly served as Clinical Associate Professor of Urology and Director of Prostate Cancer Ablation Surgery at the Joel E. Smilow Comprehensive Prostate Cancer located at the New York University School of Medicine and Langone Medical Center. Prior to his NYU appointment, he was medical director and founder of the Hilton Head, SC International Center for Men’s Health.
Dr. Scionti is Founder and Director of the Scionti Prostate Center Sarasota, FL.
HIFU: Dr. Scionti has worked extensively with High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and with over 2000 successful procedures is considered one of the world’s most experienced HIFU surgeons. He has collaborated with leading medical treatment centers around the world to help perfect HIFU technology, research medical applications, and train urologists to perform HIFU. Additionally, Dr. Scionti is leading the effort to train American urologists in this therapy and served as Director of Clinical Education and Training for USHIFU prior to FDA approval of HIFU. Currently, Dr. Scionti uses HIFU to treat prostate cancer patients at the Vituro Health HIFU Center in Sarasota, Florida and serves as the Medical Director of Vituro Health.
TULSA-Pro: Dr. Scionti developed the first center of excellence in North America to perform TULSA Pro. In January 2020, Dr. Scionti performed the first TULSA-Pro MRI guided prostate ablation post FDA approval of this technology. TULSA- Pro adds another advanced MRI guided treatment option for men with localized prostate cancer.
CRYOTHERAPY: Dr. Scionti is one of the most active cryosurgeons having performed over 1,000 prostate procedures. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Scionti has taught and proctored urologists on prostate Cryotherapy techniques. He actively researches and lectures on Cryotherapy technology and clinical outcomes. Formerly, Dr. Scionti was the Medical Director and Founder of the Hilton Head, SC International Center for Men’s Health. He is a leading contributor to the COLD Registry, a national database of cryotherapy outcomes. He also organized the National Cryotherapy Training Workshop and helped train more than 200 urologists annually on the use of Cryotherapy to treat prostate cancer.
Why Choose Dr. Scionti?
When considering prostate ablation treatment make the top choice for all the right reasons:
Unsurpassed Ablation Experience
- Over 2000 HIFU Prostate procedures: the leading HIFU physician in the United States.
- Over 200 TULSA-Pro ablation procedures
- Inventor of the Scionti MMM (Triple M) HIFU treatment
- Over 1100 successful prostate cryoablation procedures
- Experience with the emerging technique of prostate laser ablation
- Scionti Advanced HIFU MRI Protocol® for preserving continence and potency
- Image Fusion (Ultrasound/MRI) ARTEMIS Guided Biopsy for the most accurate diagnosis
- Over 3000 ARTEMIS guided biopsies performed
- Molecular Cancer Analysis for selecting the most appropriate treatment
- MRI image guided focal HIFU ablation
- Scionti MMM (Triple M) HIFU treatment
- Personalized TULSA-Pro treatment
Teaching and Training
- Medical Director Vituro Health: The leading HIFU services provider in the United States
- The leading TULSA-Pro treatment center
- TULSA-Pro national trainer, lecturer and proctor
- National Trainer and Proctor in cryoablation
- Faculty experience, New York University Medical School/Urology
- Instruction presented internationally to over 1000 professional peers
- Participant and Proctor in clinical trials of HIFU
- Published author including books, papers and studies
- Renowned international presenter
- Leading contributor to the COLD Registry® database of U.S. cryoablation results
- Concierge-level care
- Personal Availability
- Compassionate Care
- Tailored Treatment Plan
- Performs His Own Procedures
- Dedicated Follow Up Team
Read What Patients Say:
“Then I found Dr. Scionti. I left a message on his cell phone, and he called right back. I scheduled a consultation for my wife and me. He spent almost two hours with us and answered every question fully. He gave me the names of 12 former HIFU patients, and I called everyone. Based on their positive results, I made my decision to go with Dr. Scionti.”
“I’m very pleased that Dr. Scionti offers different treatment options and makes considered
recommendations according to the circumstances—there is not one treatment that’s right for
“I am grateful that the internet led me to Dr. Scionti. Absolutely!”